What is Medicare ( Australia )?
Medicare is the publicly funded universal health care system in Australia. Operated by the Department of Human Services, Medicare is the primary funder of health care in Australia, funding primary health care for Australian citizens and permanent residents including Norfolk Island.
Residents are entitled to a rebate for treatment from medical practitioners, eligible midwives, nurse practitioners and allied health professionals who have been issued a Medicare provider number, and can also obtain free treatment in public hospitals.
The plan was introduced in 1975 by the Whitlam Government as Medibank, and was limited to paying customers only in 1976 by the Fraser Government. Hawke reintroduced universal health care in 1984 as Medicare. For more information click here.
To access your medicare information complete a range of services using your mobile device you need to download Express Plus Medicare App but before that you need to have myGov account linked to Medicare.
If you do not have myGov account linked to Medicare you can click here now to create the account following a simple step by step instruction written here.
Before I give you the link to download Express Plus Medicare App, let me first of let you know some of the services that you can conveniently carry out with the app.
Amazing Key Features of Express Plus Medicare App
This are some of the reasons why you need to follow my guide and download the app now.
- Express Plus Medicare App helps you to view your Medicare card details and current card members.
- Update contact details.
- Update bank account details.
- Order a replacement or duplicate Medicare card.
- Submit claims for most services.
- View, download, print or email your Medicare Claims History Statements for the last 3 years.
- View your Medicare Safety Net balance.
- View, download, print or email immunisation history statements for:
◦ your child under the age of 14
- Register your organ donation decision.
- Change your organ donation decision.
- Request a new Organ donor card.
- View a digital copy of your Organ donor card.
- Locate a service centre.
Express Plus Medicare App – Australian Gov my medicare app Download
The app is available for download in all mobile devices.
- To get the app downloaded from Google play store click here.
- To download it for iOS devices click here to visit app store.
- To download it for window devices click here to visit windows store.
You can get it in other mobile device partform by visiting there app download store.
After downloading the app follow the instructions below to get it up and running.
How to Sign in to MyGov Account using your Express Plus Medicare App
To sign in to Mygov account: You have to use myGov username and password to set up your four-digit PIN for first-time access. Just set up your PIN by answering your secret question.
When you’ve downloaded the app and set up your 4 digit PIN, it’s important you don’t store it on your mobile device. This is because you may lose your mobile device. So, another for it to be safe don’t store it in your phone, find someplace safe and write it down.