Reed College is an independent liberal arts college in southeast Portland in the U.S. state of Oregon. Founded in 1908, Reed is a residential college with a campus in Portland’s Eastmoreland neighborhood, featuring architecture based on the Tudor-Gothic style,and a forested canyon nature preserve at its center.
Reed is known for its academic rigor, mandatory freshman Humanities program, senior thesis, and unusually high proportion of graduates who go on to earn doctorates and other postgraduate degrees.
The college has many prominent alumni, including over a hundred Fulbright Scholars, 67 Watson Fellows, and three Winston Churchill Scholars; its 32 Rhodes Scholars are the second-highest count for a liberal arts college. Reed is ranked fourth in the U.S. of all colleges for the percentage of its graduates who go on to earn a PhD.
Reed categorizes its academic program into five Divisions and the Humanities program. Reed offers five Humanities courses, twenty-six department majors, twelve interdisciplinary majors, six dual-degree programs with other colleges and universities, and programs for premedical and pre-veterinary students.
Reed College acceptance rate is 35%. A 9:1 student-to-faculty ratio and small conference-style classes allow faculty members to truly mentor students and engage with them in individual discussions. The total direct cost for the 2018–19 academic year, including tuition, fees, and room-and-board, is $70,550. In 2017–18 about half of the students received financial aid from the college.
Reed College Acceptance Rate and Requirement
This article contains all that you need to know about Reed College Acceptance Rate and Requirement. Kindly read down below to find an answer to that which you seek.
How much does it cost to go to Reed College?
2018–19 COST OF ATTENDANCE
- $56,030: tuition (direct cost)
- $310: fees (direct cost)
- $14,210: on-campus room and board (direct cost)
- $1,050: books and supplies (indirect cost)
- $900: personal expenses (indirect cost)
- $200–$2,000: transportation (indirect cost)*
What GPA do you need to get into the Reed College?
If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
- The average GPA at Reed College is 3.9.
- This makes Reed College Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.9, Reed College requires you to be at the top of your class.
Reed College SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for Reed College?
- The average ACT score at Reed College is 31.
- This score makes Reed College Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
What SAT score is required for the Reed College?
- The average SAT score composite at Reed College is 1440.
What is Reed College Best known for?
- Referred to as one of the most intellectual colleges in the country, Reed is known for its high standards of scholarly practice, creative thinking, and engaged citizenship.
- Reed is known for its academic rigor, mandatory freshman Humanities program, senior thesis, and an unusually high proportion of graduates who go on to earn doctorates and other postgraduate degrees.
- Reed is ranked fourth in the U.S. of all colleges for the percentage of its graduates who go on to earn a Ph.D.
What majors is the Reed College known for?
- A Reed education balances broad knowledge across the curriculum with the depth of knowledge in a particular field of study.
- Reed’s teaching philosophy is characterized by close interaction between students and faculty in an atmosphere of shared scholarly concern and active learning.
- Reed students pursue the Bachelor of Arts degrees in 40 majors and programs.
- Reed also offers a graduate program leading to a Master of Arts degree in liberal studies.
Is Reed College a public or Private school?
- Reed College is an independent liberal arts college in southeast Portland in the U.S. state of Oregon.
- Founded in 1908, Reed is a residential college with a campus in Portland’s Westmoreland neighborhood, featuring architecture based on the Tudor-Gothic style, and a forested canyon nature preserve at its center.
- Reed College is a community dedicated to serious and open intellectual inquiry, one in which students, faculty, and staff can fully participate, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, socio-economic status, or disabilities.
- Reed’s institutional research office collects, analyzes, and interprets information about Reed and its activities, including its students and staff, programs, management, and operations.
- Reed has sought to provide the finest educational program in the country, offering students an extraordinary environment in which to discover their passions and pursue them with depth and determination.
If there is any other information that you seek as regards to Reed College Acceptance Rate, please do not forget to make use of the comment box below and I will be more than glad to get back to you.