The Stanbic IBTC Innovation Challenge is a competition aimed at developing solutions to improve service offerings and delivery through collaborations with entrepreneurs in the digital technology and innovations space.
In conjunction with CcHub, the Stanbic IBTC Innovation Challenge will seek to improve service delivery and chart the course of the digitization of the current model of financial servicing in Nigeria.
Areas where the Stanbic IBTC Innovation Challenge 2018 for Startups and Product Team will be concentrated on
- Data Analysis: Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited houses large amounts of data that can be utilized to serve its customers better. How might we create an efficient data analytics system that collects and collates relevant customer data, and transforms them into insights used to improve service delivery?
- Stock Trading: This wil help the bank to change the behavior of the customers, Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers Limited needs to constantly adapt its online trading platform to users’ preferences. How might we improve the customer trading experience through creating a simplified trading platform that is easy to understand.
- Card Issuance: The branch network aims to revamp the card issuance system, to ensure that every customer is able to claim their debit cards. How might we improve the process of customer card deliveries to be more seamless and cost-efficient?
Prizes that will be awarded to the Winners
The winning solution will receive total funding valued at $15,000; $12,500 in cash, and workspace in the Stanbic IBTC Blue Lab (valued at $2500).
The winner will also be granted access to IT infrastructure for solution testing and development.
- Have the skills and expertise to execute on world-class solutions.
- Individuals and partnerships (of not more than 3 persons) from university students, software developers, academics and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
- You can submit working prototypes, applications, technologies, tools, services or other kinds of digital innovations.
- The application is opened to Product development teams and Technology startups across Nigeria.
Person that are not Qualified for the Challenge:
- Employees of Co-creation Hub (CcHUB), Stanbic IBTC and its affiliates.
- Any employee whose employer’s guidelines or regulations do not allow entry in the Challenge.
- Anyone professionally involved in the development or administration of this Challenge.
- Persons under the age of 18 (eighteen) years old.
Note that: CcHUB/Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to limit, or restrict upon notice, participation in the Challenge to any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
Application for Stanbic IBTC Innovation Challenge
The competition will run in the following stages:
- Call for Ideas 06 August, 14 September, 2018.
- Idea Open Day – 24 August,2018.
- Pitch Preparation – 26 Septmeber,2018 – 28 Septmeber,2018.
- Pitching Session – 28 Septmember, 2018.
- Incubation – 28 Septmember, 2018 – 29 March, 2019.
Please Note that: To enter the Stanbic IBTC Innovation Challenge , the entrant(s) must meet the following criteria (submission requirements) and confirm acceptance of these terms and conditions.