The 2019 Viva Technology Challenge is championing how AI can help generate a self-sustaining growth in the AgriTech industry.See Also:Digital Nation Africa Internship 2018 – for Young South Africans
The aim of the challenge is to solve the following problems:
- Help predict and monitor climatic impacts (using data and predictive schemes) and/or assets;
- Integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, including in limited connectivity areas;
- Integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, without needing a significant investment;
- Take into account the collaboration between employees and AI, especially regarding skills needed to use/assess/develop the technology;
- Support the financement of local initiatives;
- Generate a self-running growth engine for AgriTech in Africa.
- First prize: One exhibition stand for your startup at Vivatech 2019, in Paris;
- Second prize: Pitching slot for your startup at Vivatech 2019, in Paris;
- Third prize: Two Vivatech 2019 tickets for your team.
- Open to startups operating in Africa;
- Only startups can participate in this challenge, meaning innovative solution or service less than 5 years of existence.
Requirement for the submission of the Viva Technology Challenge 2019
- Short video with 2 topics: Startup presentation / How do you solve the problem? Video should be in any of the following format: mpg, mpeg, mp4, mov and be 10MB max. You can also share the organizers a “Wetransfer” link or a Youtube video
- Deck pitch: 8 slides max (ppt, pdf) – 10MB max
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
Deadline: September 1, 2018
Note that: For more information go to the Viva Tech Challenge homepage.